Today was my last day of teaching full time! I am super excited about summer and getting to spend everyday being a full time mommy to Colby. I am also excited that even when summer ends, I will still get to spend 4 or 5 days a week with Colby every week. I will be doing a job share next year. That means I am sharing a class with another teacher. I will work every Monday and Tuesday. She will work every Thursday and Friday. And we will switch off every other Wednesday. That way I won't miss any milestones that Colby meets:) Speaking of milestones... this week Colby started to reach out and touch his toys. He has an aquarium playmat that he lays under with toys that hang above. He reaches up and touches the fish now. He can even turn on the music that one of the fish has! Even crazier... the other day he was making fish faces at the fish. I kid you not! It was hilarious! My mom and dad were witnesses to it also. He would do it, then we would laugh at him. Then he would stop and look at us. Then go back to make fish faces! Another thing that he has started this week... grabbing his feet. I know you are thinking big deal, but in baby development IT IS! I was able to get a picture of him doing it.

Grabbing his foot and of course smiling!

We took Colby to the Rice game this weekend. This is daddy carrying Colby into the game. Daddy bought him a Rice onesie to wear, and he wore daddy's hat so his little head wouldn't burn.
I was also brave enough to agree to babysit my twin 1 year old niece and nephew on Saturday. This is Colby and his cousins playing together.:)
Sister update: My sister is currently 28 weeks pregnant! (Praise God) Today she had another ultrasound, and Cydney weighed 2lbs. 6 oz. (almost double what Coy weighed at birth.) My sister is feeling much better, and even shopping (online) for baby girl clothes, furniture, and bedding. Cydney is definitely going to be the best dressed little girl around:)
1 comment:
Looks like he's pretty flexible! He's precious!
Post a Comment