Tuesday, June 9, 2009

First Feeding- 22 Weeks!

Tonight, Colby got his first taste of something other than breastmilk. I have been putting off giving him cereal...I guess I was a little worried how he would take it. I also want to continue to nurse him, so I just kept pushing back when I was going to start. So, tonight at 22 weeks old, Colby had his first feeding of Rice Cereal. I don't know if I can actually call it a feeding because I am not sure he got "fed." I feel like more of it was on him, than actually got into his mouth.;) I decided to feed him the cereal before his last feeding, so I gave him a bath, as usual, but then just put on a diaper and a bib. I mixed 1 tbsp. of Rice Cereal with 4 tbsp. of breastmilk (It was really liquidity.) I put him in his Bumbo seat on the counter to feed him. He did pretty good at first with the bites, but then started to get a little impatient. He didn't finish all his cereal, but it was his first feeding. Seeing him eat from a spoon really made me feel like he was growing up. He did get a little messy (as expected), so next time I might switch the order and feed then give him the bath. Here are pictures of my little man "eating"...
Before the feeding began...

First bite... it looks like he has done this before.

"I am not so sure about this anymore!"

In the middle of the feeding....

Getting messy...

All done!

3 comments:

Chris & AnnMarie said...

aww...Fatty, you look so cute! What a big boy eating off a spoon!

redburns said...

he is so freakin' cute!!!

Two Boys= Twice the Fun! said...

Thanks Heather! I want to see recent pics of your little one!